Piston Kits for KTM, Husaberg by Vertex
Italy’s finest KTM pistons are now being sold by America’s finest retailer of performance KTM parts, accessories and services. These are the exact piston kits that come as stock KTM O.E.M. equipment. Until now they have only been available through KTM dealers but are now available through Slavens Racing at competitive prices.
The Vertex formula for delivering better on-the-track performance is simple – precision equals performance. It all begins with precision engineering based on more than 50 years of experience in the design of O.E.M.-quality and championship proven replacement pistons.
The commitment to precision continues throughout the manufacturing process where every Vertex piston is given an advanced Molybdenum Disulphide (MOS2) coated skirt to aid break-in and a special Nitride coating for extended durability. Once manufactured, pistons pass through a rigorous manual and automatic quality control process to ensure only the highest quality level. It all adds up to replacement pistons that deliver more power, less noise and a longer life – and that equals performance!
- All pistons are heat treated with T-5 hardening and a tempering cycle; piston skirts are coated with a hi-tech molybdenum bisulphide for faster break-in time and nitride coating for increased piston life.
- Piston kits include piston, rings, wrist pin and circlips
- Kits are exact O.E.M. replacements
- Two-stroke piston kits made from gravity cast aluminum alloy with 18% silicone content, which produces an extremely light but very strong piston
- Four-stroke pistons are forged from 2618 aluminum for superior strength and durability
- High compression pistons improve power and torque across entire rpm range
All 2 stroke pistons are size B (KTM calls it Group 2). We recommend the B kit for all engines that have 50+ hours or 1000+ miles.
How to Measure Ring End Gap
How to Measure Piston to Cylinder Clearance